pic from shefinds
I’m definitely on a lipstick kick these days, here’s my next review: Albeit, a new line of lipsticks by Anthropologie. I will admit that I am a sucker for this store, they seem to have a pulse on what gals who don’t do department stores are into, I mean for christ sakes I virtually did almost all my Christmas shopping at this joint. I can’t help but to pick up presents for others and a lil something for myself either! These new lipsticks were already on sale so I had no excuse not to try. For $10 I’d say they were worth the trial but not the retail price of $18, no thanks, here’s why:
1. Pretty sheer which isn’t a bad thing but not a great thing either. Pretty moisturizing though and thats helps.
Here’s a swatch courtesy of makeupandbeautyblog:
- Bisque:a slightly rosy, warm beige
- Peony:a clean, fresh, medium pink
- Mauvette:a dusty mauve, muted pink
- Claret:a rosy berry shade
- Vermilion:a dramatic creamy red with blue undertones
- Mulberry:a red-tinged, deep aubergine
3. Sucker for packaging. Not gonna lie, the gold case is to die for.
In the end definitely not worth the $18.00 retail price, on sale, its can be fun but I will not be purchasing another one, these three were too disappointing. To sum it up this is like buying a fancy tinted chapstick.